In many countries, Yerba Mate is actually prepared with cold water. This is known as Terere.
The main difference between Terere and Yerba Mate Ice Tea, is that the water with ice tea is first prepared hot and then cooled; Terere uses cold water to begin with.
As summer is approaching, learn to make this simple recipe for a cold and refreshing drink all Summer long.
4 Tbsp Loose leaf yerba mate
4 cups water (hot, not boiling)
4 Tbsp sweetener (sugar, honey, agave syrup, maple syrup)
1 lemon or lime, optional
mint leaves, optional
1. Add 4 Tbsp of Loose-leaf Yerba Mate into a tea strainer or a French press along with 4 cups hot water
2. Let sit 8-12 minutes, pour into a glass pitcher and let cool
3. Add preferred sweetener until desired taste is reached.
4. Fill glass with ice and pour Yerba Mate cooled tea in.
5. Flavour with mint, or a squeeze of lemon if so desired.
Hi Readers! Welcome to My Blog. Here I will post all our best Yerba Mate Recipes. We will include desserts, summer drinks, smoothies, and healthy snacks! Check back for our bi-weekly posts!